For the purposes of this Policy, accessing of the Website and the App together with any study material made available or uploaded therein or downloaded, embedded therefrom shall collectively be referred to as the “Services”. The Website and the App shall be collectively referred to as “the Platform”.
What data do we gather?
EduPilotis gathers information in two formats as explained below.
- Data Shared Automatically
- Data Shared through User Approval
- Data Shared Automatically
When you visit or interact with the Platform, apart from EduPilotis certain third-party advertisers and/or service providers may use technologies that automatically collect information about you for both transactional (e.g., confirmation of registration, notification of purchase made, etc.) and promotional (e.g., promotions, newsletters, etc.) purposes. Your information may be collected by EduPilotis or such third-party advertisers and/or service providers in the following ways:
- Log Files: Every time you visit the Platform, EduPilotis servers automatically receive and log information from your browser and device used to access the Platform (such as IP address, device ID, details of your network operator and type, your operating system, browser type, and version, CPU speed, and connection speed). This enables us to validate you as a User, to understand your usage of the Platform, and helps us to make changes and updates most suited to your needs and interests.
- Mobile Device: When you register your mobile device or use the mobile device to access the App, In addition to the aforesaid, EduPilotis will also collect device information such as mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer details, operating system, etc. for the purpose of improving the App’s overall functionality and displaying the content according to your preferences.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files placed on your device, used to keep track of information such as your interaction with social media websites, the content you click on, download, upload, or share, and other activity on the Platform, etc. in order to improve your experience of the Platform by personalizing it to your preferences and usage trends.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons are transparent graphic images used in our email communication to you, in order to understand customer behavior and improve the overall quality, functionality, and interactivity of the Platform.
- Mobile Analytics: Mobile analytics software is used by EduPilotis to better understand and customize the functionality of the App’s software on your phone. This is done by collecting information such as your frequency of the App’s usage, the features you prefer to use on the App, where the App was downloaded from, Device Id, name of other mobile applications on your device, etc.
- Public Forums: Any information that is disclosed by you in the comments section or by way of the “create a post” feature, becomes published information and EduPilotis shall not be held liable for the security of the same or any personal information that you disclose herein. You agree to exercise caution when disclosing any personal information or personally identifiable information in this regard.
- Please note that we only use the aforesaid information to communicate with and/or improve the Service and to better understand our users’ operating systems, for system administration, and to audit the use of the Service. We do not use any of the aforesaid data to identify the name, address or other personal details of any individual.
- Data shared through user approval
This includes information as mentioned below, like,
- Profile Image
- User name
- Date of Birth
- Exam Preference
- E-mail ID
- Phone Number
- Language Preferences
- Payment /Purchase Information (Payment Medium, Payment Service, other Payment related information).
How do we process information?
- When you use the Platform by way of registration, login, creation of a user account or creation of a post, purchase of a test series, attempting a mock test, etc. or by way of interaction via third party websites and/or mobile applications or by way of any other communication with the Platform, EduPilotis may collect your personally identifiable information including name, date of birth, gender, demographic information, photos, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, credit card or debit card details, geographic location, mailing address, social media account details including a list of contacts/friends and examination preference.
- By registering on the Platform, you agree and confirm your consent to providing EduPilotis your aforementioned personal information, which is lawful, necessary, and permissible. You at all times have the right to discontinue the use of the Platform. EduPilotis is not liable to provide you with its Services in the absence of or your refusal to provide the aforesaid information. Additionally, EduPilotis is not liable to ensure or maintain the same quality of its Services to you, as it may for a user who provides all the aforementioned information.
- Any information provided by you under EduPilotis’s “create a post” feature, comments, upvotes, or otherwise any information that you provide on the Platform is not personal information and shall become part of EduPilotis’s published content. EduPilotis may use the aforementioned information without your consent for purposes including but not limited to improving its products and services, developing new products and services, and sending you messages about promotions and offers.
Our Purposes behind processing your information?
- EduPilotis shares your personal information with third parties under limited circumstances. As per EduPilotis, such sharing is necessary to provide you with the services you agreed with or, that EduPilotis is legally bound to provide.
- As a strict policy, we will not disclose, share or exploit your information with anyone without your express permission.
- However, we may be mandated under law or under contracts to make certain limited disclosures under the following circumstances:
- Legal Necessity: EduPilotis may share any of the aforesaid information, including your personally identifiable information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information, without obtaining separate consent from you, if and when such information is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation of any criminal activity, or for prosecution and punishment of offenses.
- One example of such data sharing includes the user information we share with MoEngage, for various services that EduPilotis is legally bound to deliver and agreed upon by you.
- EduPilotis uses the information provided by you to enhance your experience on the platform. We may use the contact information provided by you to send notifications regarding new services/products/offers by EduPilotis and its partners that we concur you may find to be helpful. EduPilotis may also send you announcements related to our services from time to time through the general service operations.
- You may choose to opt-out of receiving such E-mails but EduPilotis reserves the right to send you notices regarding your account with EduPilotis, even if the E-mail notifications have been turned off from your end.
- All the “Data shared through user approval” for your Profile is displayed back at you and can be edited by you alone.
How you may request deletion of your personal information?
ALL INFORMATION THAT IS PROVIDED TO EDUPILOTIS BY YOU IS ERASABLE. There may be a variety of ways you can delete your personal information from EduPilotis. You can remove all the information that you have voluntarily provided us through the following steps.
- Mail us, to initiate the process of your information/profile deletion from EduPilotis.
- Mail us as per your preferences and specify to us all the information that you would like to erase from EduPilotis.
- Your request will be processed within 48 Hrs and all the information specified by you will be permanently deleted from EduPilotis and all its extensions.
- Contact EduPilotis in case of any discrepancy, Email us at: email@example.com
Security of collected Information
- We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data that is transmitted to or from the Service. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.